Channel 9 is a video service run by Microsoft. Channel 9 provides a way to embed videos
but is not yet on the WordPress embeds core list. This plugin allows you to simply paste
a URL to a Channel 9 video as you would with any other embed service into your post.
The video from Channel 9 will show at that location.
Channel 9 can be found at http://channel9.msdn.com
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place the URL to any Channel 9 video in your posts
- Can I change the view size of the video?
Not with this first release. To get the plugin out the door quickly I used the
default size Channel 9 provides for embeds.
- Help! It is not working!
Sorry, I have noticed that sometimes embeds can by finicky. Leave a message in the
support forum with the URL you were attempting to use and any other information that
may be relevant.
Contributors & Developers
“Channel 9 Embed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updates to http(s) handling
- Will match the http/https protocol depending on the current site status regardless of
how the post author entered the url. This prevents insecure element warnings
- Initial release