- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- If desired, Settings, cd34 Social Buttons, disable or enable each of the
social media buttons as desired.
The default option is to display the buttons on each post both on the front page of the site and each of the individual posts. You have the option of disabling the display on the posts on the front page, and, disabling each of the Social
Media Buttons independently.
- Why do the icons load last?
- It doesn’t work
If the buttons don’t display, the template may have disabled the filter, or, has another filter plugin that is ending the request early – not allowing our plugin to modify the page.
- Pinterest only picks the first image from my post
The Pinterest button doesn’t allow us to specify more than one image. We pick the first image that we can find. However, we do not currently read a gallery. It also doesn’t pull an image from the site if one is not found in the post.
Contributors & Developers
“Async Social Media Buttons (Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Add the buttons to display on excerpts
- Reversed default to show social buttons on homepage and posts
- Added ability to disable social button display on homepage
- Added media selection for pinterest (does not handle galleries currently)
- Default on new install/upgrade didn’t show buttons until options were saved.
- Documentation update
- Added Pinterest
- Options page to select which buttons to include
- Initial release