Category Search adds the option to display category names in search results. Useful when you have a lot of categories and you want to display them as a part of search results.
Plugin by Vladimir Prelovac.
This file is part of Category Search.
Category Search is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Category Search is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Category Search. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to the Plugins page and activate the plugin.
- Use the Options page to change your options
- Use the following code in your theme template most probably Search Results (search.php)
Also, CategorySearch is fully compatible with wp_list_categories()
This mean you can further tweak the category search results by adding additional parameters. Example:
- How do I correctly use this plugin?
In order for category search results to show you need to add the follwoing code to your theme search.php template.