This plugin allows to set a featured image for each category.
Posts without a featured image set will show the category’s featured image instead.
Featured images usually are placed by the theme in the single post page, in the latest posts page, etc.
But can also be shown using the shortcode [cfi_featured_image] or the PHP function cfi_featured_image(). To get the featured image URL I added the function cfi_featured_image_url().
Shortcode/PHP function optional arguments:
- ‘size’: ‘thumbnail’, ‘medium’, ‘large’, ‘full’
- ‘class’: class of the image tag
- ‘alt’: alternative text of the image tag
- ‘title’: title of the image tag
- ‘cat_id’: select a specific category id
[cfi_featured_image size="large" title="This is a test..." class="my-image" alt="My image"]
Function example 1:
cfi_featured_image( array( 'size' => 'large', 'title' => 'This is a test...', 'class' => 'my-image', 'alt' => 'My image' ) );
Function example 2:
cfi_featured_image_url( array( 'size' => 'large' ) );
- If a post has more than a category with a featured image the first available is loaded
- If a category hasn’t a featured image but it has a parent category with a featured image the parent one is loaded
- Install and activate the plugin
- Go in Posts \ Categories
- Edit a category
- Set the category featured image
Contributors & Developers
“Category Featured Images” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Category Featured Images” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added ‘cat_id’ param to cfi_featured_image
- Loads parent category image if nothing is found before
- Added ‘cat_id’ param to cfi_featured_image_url
- Improvement: cfi_featured_image in category archive pages shows the current image
- New PHP function: cfi_featured_image_url()
- New shortcode: cfi_featured_image()
- New PHP function: cfi_featured_image()