This plugin lets you to display carousel widget on sidebar with the themes that supports sidebar (it does not work properly on footer). Right now it is on auto play only mode, with fixed height and width and movement interval.
It also lets users to add the bigger carousel on the page. However it is not set on auto play. The image moves on once user click the other images and image also has the link which redirects user to site where developer wishes.
I wish to add options to customize the widget and frontend display of the carousel on later versions.
Note: This plugin is based on Roundabout jQuery plugin http://fredhq.com/projects/roundabout
- Upload the folder
carouselwidgetand its contents to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or use the wordpress plugin installer
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- A new “Carousel Widget” will be available under Appearance > Widgets, where you can add it to your sidebar
- At the Setting section on dashboard ‘Carousel Widget’ will appear where developer can add images and information they wish to display on carousel.
5.To add carousel on page use shortcode [inpage_carousel].
- Deactivate Carousel Widget in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- After Deactivation a ‘Delete’ link appears below the plugin name, follow the link and confim with ‘Yes, Delete these files’.
- This will delete all the plugin files from the server as well as erasing all options the plugin has stored in the database.
- Why can’t I customize it?
This is first release I wish to make it more customizable on future releases.
- Where can I use this plugin?
You can use this plugin to display images on sidebar(auto play) and on page
Please make it more smoothable to work on multiplatform.
Contributors & Developers
“Carousel Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- This is first stable version
- Many upgrades to follow
- If upgrading also update image urls in order for it to work
- It has lot better background compared to last version
- You can also view the demo of both carousel and widget at backend
- Better display of items in database
- Better form validation in backend
- Lots of minor bug fixes
- more featurs to follow in future releases
- You might need change some of the CSS manually to make it work with your theme.