This poll has the following features which uses both ajax and jquery.
- Administrator have options to display more than one poll in the widget area.
- Administrator can specify how many polls to be displayed in the archive page.
- Administrator can view the poll statistics by date wise.
- User logs can be seen in the admin section.
- Image polls available.
- Poll access can be locked by cookies, IP address or user id.
- Translation enabled.
- If you find any bugs, please report in the following link, so that it will be fixed as quick as possible.
- If you think any feature adding to this plugin can improve its features, please recommend it in the following link.
- You can add any poll into your post or page by using the shortcode. For information how to do it, please go to Frequently asked questions.
Thanks for downloading and installing my plugin. You can show your appreciation and support future development by donating.
For more visit: http://www.vinojcardoza.com/blog/cardoza-wordpress-poll/
Some of the translation were done using a translation software. I am not sure about the correctness of the translation. If you find some mistakes in the translation in your language, please let me know through the following link comments section. Also, if you couldn’t find your language and you can do it, please let me know.
- Arabic (Translated by Naaser Mohammed and Ahmed Saif)
- Croatian (Translated by Bojan KS)
- Czech (Translated by Vaclav Cadek st.)
- Danish (Translated by Henrik van der Buchwald)
- Dutch (Translated by Niels de Bruin)
- French (Translated by Laurent Verpeet)
- German (Translated by Peter Kaulfuss)
- Greek (Translated by Kontosis Konstantinos)
- Italian (Translated by Roberto Bani)
- Polish (Translated by Robert Szymanski)
- Portuguese-Brazilian (Translated by Rodrigo)
- Romanian (Translated by Dachin Raul)
- Russian (Translated by Boris & Levatti)
- Slovak (Translated by Branco Radenovich)
- Spanish (Translated by Diego Silva Opazo)
- Download the plugin.
- Upload to your blog (/wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate it.
- Click the ‘Poll’ menu.
- Fill in the options.
a. Create new poll by clicking Add new poll.
b. You can setup the widget options by clicking ‘Widget Options’.
c. Poll options should be filled and saved before starting to display the first poll.
d. Use ‘Manage polls’ to edit and delete polls.
- Then go to widget and drag and drop WordPress Poll in the area you want to display the plugin.
Important Note: It is mandatory to save all the mandatory field options in this plugin.
Creating archive poll page
- Go to WP-Admin -> Pages -> Add New.
- Type any title you like in the post’s title area and paste the following shortcode in the page content [cardoza_wp_poll_archive]
- WordPress will generate the link to the page. Copy the link.
- Go to poll options in ‘Poll’
- Click the Poll options tab.
- Paste the archive page link in ‘Poll archive URL’.
- Save the options.
Uninstalling is as simple as deactivating the plugin.
- How do I display a particular poll in a page or post?
Its very simple to add poll in any page or post in your site.
Copy the following shortcode and paste it in your post or page for displaying the poll.
poll_id – this the ID of the poll which you can find it on the ‘Manage Polls’ of your poll plugin page.
For eg: If you want to display the poll where the ID is 19 then the shortcode will be
That’s it. Check your page or post now.
- How do I check the results without polling myself?
- Go to Polls in your WordPress backend.
- Click the Manage Polls tab.
- Now you can see the list of polls.
- The last colum of the table will have a button ‘View Result’.
- Click ‘View Result’.
- Once clicked it will display the poll result.
- How do I add images poll?
- Add the images in your media of wordpress backend.
- Copy the ‘File Url’ of your uploaded image.
- Paste the Url in the Answers of ‘Add New Image Poll’.
if you have any queries post it at http://www.vinojcardoza.com/blog/cardoza-wordpress-poll
Pretty basic features, but a little clunky to use for what it does. Not a lot of options. There are better poll plugins out there.
This plugin does what it says it can do. You can easily create polls and embed them via widget or shortcodes. The poll looks basic, but it can be easily styled.
Polls can be set to run for specific durations, and you can have multiple polls.
The back end really shines with user statistics and poll statistics displayed as a graph.
The only problem I encountered was the questions appears squished into a table cell 100px wide instead of the full sidebar width. I added a CSS style to fix this and now it’s perfect.
Overall I am happy with it. I wish the author would make a proper ICON for his WordPress.org listing!! The one you have in there right now is generic and does not catch people’s attention. Your plugin deserves more recognition and downloads, so make it stand out!
I was looking for a poll which supports one vote per WordPress User. This is the only poll I found and it works easy and out of the box.
I may be shown in a widget or called from a post by a special code. Only minor disadvantage is that it may not be called from bbPress forum plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Poll” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- UI Bug fixed
- UI updated
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.6.1
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.5.3
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.1.1
- Arabic translation added (Translated by Naaser Mohammed and Ahmed Saif).
- Security vulnerabilities removed (As suggested by Heikku Paananen).
- Security vulnerabilities removed.