This is a pretty simple plugin that allows you easily insert nice social media icons in your site! It comes with some nice CSS styling and more importantly, the icons are all RETINA-READY!
After installing the plugin you’ll have the new Captain Social Settings page found under Settings, where you can enter in the URLs of your social media profiles for the services you use. If you do not enter a URL, that social media icon will just not appear.
Once you’ve added a few of your social media URLs, you need to insert them in your site. There are 2 ways to do this:
- Firstly, you can do it using PHP –
<?php echo ctsocial_icons_template(); ?>
- Secondly, you can insert the icons with the
[ctsocial]shortcode anywhere you’d like.
Social Media Sites Included:
- Am I missing one you would like? Let me know!
- Social Media Icons – Gedy Rivera
Captain Social Documentation
This plugin is being actively developed and improved in it’s GitHub Repository
Want to help? Translate the Plugin! It’s really easy using something like the Codestyling Localization plugin, or an app like Poedit. You know what’s even better? You get to help thousands of people! And I link to you! How good is that? Just contact me to talk about it. I’ll even give you a present 😉
How to install this plugin?
- Search for “Captain Social” in the Add New Plugin section of your site or download it and upload it manually.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Visit the settings under Settings > Captain Social.
- Add in the URLs for all the social media profiles you want to display.
- Use it either with PHP or the Shortcode.
- I want this and this and this feature!
The Plugin is intentionally pretty simple. It has a focus on being closely-integrated with themes made by Captain Theme, but as I thought it may be useful for others I decided to release it publicly.
I always appreciate feedback & ideas, so please open a support post and let me know what you think I should do! I don’t plan on updating the plugin too quickly or soon but I do plan on releasing a more ‘advanced’ version soon when I have the time 🙂
- I inserted mine but it looks different to your screenshots!
Most likely it’s being caused by your theme’s styles being set to generically and as such they’re interfering with the style of Captain Social. Either switch themes or repair the damage yourself by using Firebug or Chrome Developer Tools to find the issue causing it and then add the appropriate styles to your site either with a child theme, by editing the parent theme’s files (not recommended) or using the Jetpack plugin’s Custom CSS Page.
Contributors & Developers
“Captain Social” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added Several New Social Media Icons
- Initial Release.