Just install the plugin and you’ll then be able to upload a favicon for your site!
Upload a 16px x 16px image for normal support or a 32px x 32px for retina-support. Any sized image will work though!
Documentation: Captain Favicon Documentation
How to install this plugin?
- Search for “Captain Favicon” in the Add New Plugin section of your site or download it and upload it manually.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Visit the Captain Favicon Settings page found under your Settings.
- Upload a favicon or select a previously uploaded one from your Media Library.
- What Size Should My Favicon Be?
Ideally it should be 16px x 16px. If you’d like to support retina-support, upload a 32px x 32px favicon. Keep in mind that all image sizes will work, it’s just advised to make your image square.
- How Can I Make a Favicon?
Using an Image Editor like Photoshop/GIMP or an online service like favicon.cc.
For those wondering what FAVICON plugin to use.. This one is :
“This plugin has been retired & is not currently maintained or supported.”
The description needs to be updated to let the community know and also it didn’t work for an easy, small, stock as a rock site.
Contributors & Developers
“Captain Favicon” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Author details
- Translations Fixed & Working!
- Slight Improvements All Around
- Added Korean Translation
- Code Formatting Clean-Up
- Initial Release.