Google Maps plugin adds custom maps to WordPress website posts, pages and widgets. Add unlimited markers, configure type, alignment and styles. Choose the control options, customize the appearance, view and edit your saved maps easily.
Let your customers find any location quickly!
- Add unlimited maps via shortcode to:
- Customize map:
- Marker location
- Marker tooltip
- Choose map display language
- Choose map alignment:
- Set map type:
- Enable 45° view option
- Change zoom level
- Enable control options:
- Add custom code via plugin settings page
- Compatible with latest WordPress version
- Incredibly simple settings for fast setup without modifying code
- Detailed step-by-step documentation and videos
All features from Free version included plus:
- Enable additional control options:
- Street view
- Double click
- Scroll Wheel
- Enable auto zoom option
- Preview maps in the Editor
- Choose different color schemes with Snazzy Maps
- Configure all subsites on the network
- Get answer to your support question within one business day (Support Policy)
If you have a feature suggestion or idea you’d like to see in the plugin, we’d love to hear about it! Suggest a Feature
Documentation & Videos
Help & Support
Visit our Help Center if you have any questions, our friendly Support Team is happy to help — https://support.bestwebsoft.com/
- Russian (ru_RU)
- Ukrainian (uk)
Some of these translations are not complete. We are constantly adding new features which should be translated. If you would like to create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files to BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
- Updater – Automatically check and update WordPress website core with all installed plugins and themes to the latest versions.
- Installation Instructions
- Upload the
bws-google-mapsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin using the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress admin panel.
- You can configure main settings in WordPress admin panel in the “BWS Panel”> “Google Maps”.
- To create a new map, use the Google Maps editor in WordPress admin panel in the “Google Maps”> “Add New”.
- You can manage your saved maps in WordPress admin panel in “Google Maps”.
- Create a page or post or add a text widget and insert the shortcode [bws_googlemaps id=*] in the text, where * is the map ID.
- Upload the
- How I can add a new marker?
To add a new marker, please enter an address in marker location and select desired address from dropdown menu list or just enter coordinates.
- I don’t know the coordinates, is there a way to solve this?
To add a new marker, if the address and coordinates are unknown, use the right-click on the map preview, and select “get the coordinates”.
- How many markers can I add?
You can add any number of markers.
- Can I edit the name or tooltip of the added marker?
Yes, you can do it by clicking on the edit button on the marker in the list of the added markers.
- Is it possible to delete markers?
Yes, you can do it by pressing the marker button “delete” in the added markers list.
- I have a lot of markers and it’s hard to navigate through this list. Is there an easy way to find a certain marker?
For the visual search of the necessary marker on the map preview, click the marker button find in the list of the added markers and this marker will create animation on the map preview.
- I’d like to set up map controls. Can I do it?
Yes, you can do it in the settings controls.
- I have some problems with the plugin’s work. What Information should I provide to receive proper support?
Please make sure that the problem hasn’t been discussed yet on our forum (https://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem’s description:
- The link to the page where the problem occurs
- The name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version – your order number.
- The version of your WordPress installation
- Copy and paste into the message your system status report. Please read more here:: Instruction on System Status
Easy to configure. Works fine.
It is very useful plugin and its easy to use it! I create and add several maps in a few minutes! Thanks a lot!!!
Best maps for WordPress. Thanks devs.
Contributors & Developers
“Google Maps by BestWebSoft” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
V1.3.6 – 17.04.2017
- Bugfix : Multiple Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability was fixed.
V1.3.5 – 12.08.2016
- Update : All functionality for WordPress 4.6 was updated.
V1.3.4 – 08.07.2016
- NEW : Ability to set width in %, not px.
V1.3.3 – 16.05.2016
- NEW : Ability to add custom styles.
- Update : Pan control was removed since deprecated.
V1.3.2 – 04.12.2015
- Bugfix : The bug with plugin menu duplicating was fixed.
V1.3.1 – 06.10.2015
- NEW : A button for Google Maps shortcode inserting to the content was added.
- Update : Textdomain was changed.
V1.3.0 – 07.08.2015
- Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.2.4.
V1.2.9 – 26.06.2015
- NEW : Ability to restore settings to defaults.
V1.2.8 – 19.05.2015
- Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.2.2.
V1.2.7 – 22.04.2015
- Bugfix : We fixed bug with displaying the list of maps.
V1.2.6 – 31.03.2015
- Bugfix : Plugin optimization is done.
- Update : We updated all functionality for WordPress 4.1.1.
V1.2.5 – 09.01.2015
- Update : BWS plugins section is updated.
- Update : We updated all functionality for WordPress 4.1.
V1.2.4 – 15.10.2014
- Bugfix : We fixed the bug with displaying content in the marker tooltips.
V1.2.3 – 11.09.2014
- Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.0.
V1.2.2 – 07.08.2014
- Bugfix : Security Exploit was fixed.
V1.2.1 – 20.05.2014
- Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.1.
- NEW : The Ukrainian language file is added to the plugin.
V1.2 – 10.04.2014
- Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.8.2.
V1.1 – 21.03.2014
- Bugfix : Fixed bug with displaying Google Map.
V1.0 – 20.01.2013
- NEW : Release of Google Maps by BestWebSoft plugin.