This plugin gives you total control over external links on your website. This plugin also comes with a comprehensive domain filtering feature. BWP External Links is based on the popular Prime Links phpBB mod by Ken F. Innes IV (Prime Halo).
If you want to see this plugin in action, you can either visit Better WordPress or a user's website (NASA Glenn Research Center's Website).
Check out this redirect external links tutorial for some tips on how to set up a redirection/disclaimer page using BWP External Links.
- Process links for post contents, comment text, text widgets, or the whole page
- Domain filtering:
- You can specify which sub-domains of your website to consider local (all subdomains, no subdomain, or some)
- You can specify which external domains to consider local
- You can forbid certain external domains (e.g. pron.com or warez.com) and replace URLs linking to them with a URL of choice (useful for filtering links in visitors' comments)
- Wildcard support, e.g.
- You can add
rel="nofollow" or any custom relation tag you could think of to external links
- You can specify CSS classes for both local and external links, as well as external image links
- You can use provided CSS rules (an external icon is added to each external link) or define your own
- Choose whether or not to open a completely new window for each external link
- Choose between three 'new window' modes:
target attribute or jQuery
- Add a prefix to external links. Example use would be a redirection page that warns your visitors about the danger of visiting external sites, e.g.
- WordPress Multi-site compatible
- And more...
It is highly recommended that you give the Official Documentation a good read to make the most out of BWP External Links.
Please don't forget to rate this plugin 5 shining stars if you like it, thanks!
Get in touch
- English - default
- Danish - Danske (da_DK) - Thanks to Randi!
- Malaysian (ms_MY) - Thanks to d4rkcry3r!
- Dutch (nl_NL) - Thanks to Juliette!
- Serbo-Croatian (sr_RS) - Thanks to Web Hosting Hub!
Please help translate this plugin!
Visit Plugin's Official Page for more information!