Saves you from asking “have you emptied your cache?”.
- Safe to leave running on live sites.
- Only refreshes browser cache for a file if it has been modified.
- Resolves Content Delivery Network (CDN) issues. No need to purge CDN cache.
- Multisite compatible.
- “Just works” — no configuration necessary.
Requires scripts use any of the below functions to load. Almost all files meet these requirements. The only case it doesn’t account for is when URLs are hard-coded. This shouldn’t ever be done, since it can break sites for other reasons.
- Search for “Busted” under
WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New
- Install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
Works out of the Box. No more “browser cache clearing” advice to clients needed!
And Update would be awesome
It appends the version numbers, but the main page still gets stuck before loading due to pre-cached stuff.
I had issues with other plugins that attempt to version CSS & JS files…
But with this one..Busted!…I had no problems…
Fixed an issue with stale CSS being returned behind an Nginx reverse proxy. Unsure whether I’d use it in production, but very useful when a site is under active development.
Works perfect. Literally, install, activate, it just works. Was having problems with every browser (FF, Opera, Chrome, IE, Safari, etc.) needing to be forced with F5 to refresh current css style (lasting only for that session), and user coming to the site were seeing OLD CACHE css — now I am happy! THANK YOU… PS I tried a dozen ways, functions, functions.php, techniques, tutorials, codes, snippets, etc. YOURS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKED!
Contributors & Developers
“Busted!” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix: Enable in wp-admin. For real this time.
- Fix: Hopefully suppress mysterious notice on login screen. Thanks @norcross.
- New: Change version slug to ‘b-modified’ to avoid user confusion.
- New: Enable in wp-admin. Thanks @norcross.
- New: Only refresh cache if file has been modified. Thanks @unserkaiser.
- Initial public release.