BurnZone Forums & Commenting is a turn key community platform that brings together commenting & forums under one roof. We also include industry first community features designed to quantify and promote positive contributions.
Current features for Both Forums & Comments:
- Real Time – Conversations happen live.
- Rich Media – Insert Images, Videos, & Social media directly into your posts.
- Challenges – Any comment can be challenged by a commenter with a differing opinion. Challenges provide accountability to users that can have controversial opinions and surface what side of a topic a majority of people agree with.
- Questions & Answers – We understand that comments are different from questions and we have designed our interface to support each activity separately.
- SSO & Social Media login options – Leverage a variety of options to allow your community to login and create an identitiy.
- Votes, likes & dislikes – Comments and answers can be liked and disliked. In challenges vote for which side of the topic you agree with.
- User profiles – Every person commenting on your website will get a profile where the comments and points are stored.
- Sharing – Users can share BurnZone content to Twitter and Facebook or share directly to friends via email.
- Competitions – Drive engagement to your community by rewarding the top contibutors with Prizes and Give-aways for a set period of time.
- Moderation – You can moderate users and content through the “BurnZone Moderator” area in your dashboard.
- Language Support – We have just launched support for 10 languages.
Support & Documentation:
Reach out to us and get help through our site: http://help.theburn-zone.com/. During USA business hours we will try to respond immediately to your questions.
Visit our support community -> http://help.theburn-zone.com/
Looks atrocious out of the box on WordPress's 2015 default theme in Multisite. I import posts from another site with comments and it did not pickup the pre-existing comments imported with the post and display them. Next!
Any site using this in forum mode? I dont want to be first.
- Updated screenshots.
- Fixed SSO login.
- Whitelisted element attributes used by BurnZone. Necessary for kses.
- First stable release.
- Added content discovery widget.
- Fixed undefined variable bug.
- Added option to disable comments in case people want to use only the forums. This option can be found on the settings page, after clicking ‘Advanced’.
- The comments are closed for the forum page created during the plugin activation.
- Fixed a bug that made the plugin incompatible with PHP versions before 5.3.
- Added zero-conf plugin activation.
- Fixed link to the setting page.
- Redesign settings page. It is now easier to configure the plugin.
- Removed forum url option. We automatically detect the forum page and skip displaying comments.
- Changed plugin description.
- Fixed a bug with accessing the settings page.
- Fixed a bug with comment migration from WordPress to BurnZone.
- Added support for BurnZone forum integration. Users can select one page to embed their forums into and the plugin will not add comments to that page.
- Fixed a major bug caused by extra whitespace at the end of some files.
- Added support for migrating WordPress comments into BurnZone.
- Fixed some minor issues.
- Can configure the SSO key field on the Settings page.
- Other minor fixes.
- Added support for WordPress 3 multisite.
- Not showing the comments when they are closed except when the plugin is configured to do so.
- Support for multi-page posts.
- Changed links to js files.
- Added action link to the settings page.
- Fixed bug: widgets could not be moved in the admin area.
- Corrected a link to our site.
- Minor changes to description texts.
- Improved the settings page user experience.
- Added a nice timepicker addon on the settings page.
- Added a help note on the settings page.
- BurnZone Commenting is compatible with the latest WordPress version (3.5.2).
We also recently improved the interface of our comment system.
- Can select for what post types to enable BurnZone (e.g. posts, pages).
- Can select when to enable BurnZone:
- For all posts
- When the comments are ‘closed’
- For all posts created since a particular date
- Pre 0.3 version, for beta partners and downloadable from our site only. It contains most of the things in 0.3.
- Fixed urls to Burnzone
- Beta release