Adding multiple categories in WordPress can be a real pain. When you want categories for every country in the world, it is a horrible job to fill out and submit the new category form hundreds of times, especially if you’re adding terms that have a hierarchy!
BulkPress makes this process much easier, by providing you with an easy-to-user interface to add categories (and terms of custom taxonomies) and pages/posts (and posts of custom post types) in bulk, giving you the option to specify a hierarchy in the added posts or terms.
BulkPress can spare you hours of your time, just try and find out for yourself!
More to come…
BulkPress will be updated with new functionalities very regularly. What to think of the following features coming to your WordPress installations soon…
- Mass add users
- Specify attributes for the pages you’re creating in bulk, such as the page template
- Promoting multiple users to a different role in one go
- Much, much more…
If you have any feature requests for this plugin to allow you to mass manage content more easily, just drop the suggestion in the forums!
What were you expecting to find here? This plugin has just been released, no questions have been asked whatsoever about this plugin, let alone frequently.
Here’s a frequently asked question for you: What’s the time? Now, was that of any use?
I was more than happy to see that you can add new terms to existing parent categories! It can make an entire day job to be completed within a hour or so. Great job! Very useful plugin!
- Update BulkPress main page to link to post and term creation screens
- Update screenshots
- [Fixed] Fixed lined text area support for 3.8+
- Fix localization and thereby the is_readable() error for non-default language WordPress installs
- Fixed bug for loading inexistent file
- Fixed bug on creating terms with the ‘Add to parent’ option
- Removed duplicate titles from BulkPress admin pages
- Increased visibility for titles and slugs in bulk add posts/terms
- Improved inline documentation
- Code revamp, allowing future development to be much, much easier
- Add missing image to sorting handle
- Update terms hierarchy panel for increased usability
- Fixed styling issue where the expand handle would would fall out of the the term container in the term hierarchy cozy and compact view
- Reorganize term hierarchy using an intuitive drag-and-drop interface
- Improved tabbed interface
- Added Dutch translation files
- Bug fix: problems with adding posts for hierarchical post types where parent posts would be inserted multiple times have been fixed
- Initial release