WordPress creates multiple image sizes, but keeps the original image, no matter how big it is. So you still get the massive image on your server and can include it in posts, which can drastically slow down your site.
Works with Multisite to allow site admins to control the image uploads.
Can be run before exporting to help images make the trip during import.
Based on work in the “Imsanity” plugin by Jason Hinkle
- Automatically resizes large image uploads, keeping the maximum size and removing the original huge image.
- Bulk-resize feature to selectively resize all existing attachments.
- Allows configuration of max width/height and jpg quality
- In MultiSite, network admins can control image sizes for entire network.
- Optionally converts BMP files to JPG.
- Go to Admin – Plugins – Add New and search for “Bulk Resize Media”
- Click the Install Button
- Click ‘Activate’
- Download bulk-resize-media.zip
- Unzip and upload the ‘bulk-resize-media’ folder to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Easy and fast !!!
Did exactly what it said it would. I’ve also go it installed on a WPMS and I was able to force settings to ALL sub-sites! Stop all those unnecessary 20meg photos uploads!
It does what it says on the label. Very easy to use, it helped me resize 200 pictures dramatically increasing the loading speed of my website. Thank you for this great plug in.
Contributors & Developers
“Bulk Resize Media” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Fixed a bug that was preventing it from finding images in some cases.