Plugin shows all BuddyPress notification with Bell alert. You can place your Notifications Bell anywhere, just with a shortcode [buddy_notification_bell] to show notification bell.
This bell not only show real-time notification but also it gives a notification bell sound alert.
Same like we get in facebook on new notification receive.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the zip file and extract
buddy-notification-belldirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the
- Alternatively you can use WordPress Plugin installer from Dashboard->Plugins->Add New to add this plugin
- Use shortcode [buddy_notification_bell] where ever you want notification to be shown.
- Does This plugin works without BuddyPress
No, It needs you to have BuddyPress installed and activated and the BuddyPress notifications component must be enabled
- Where Do I Ask for support?
Right now I dont have any for support forum but if you have any query related to plugin you can email email@example.com.
Contributors & Developers
“Buddy Notification Bell” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1. Tested with BuddyPress 5.1.2
2. Hide Notification count when no new notification
3. Set a default position of bell in primary menu on Plugin activation
4. Update Plugin readme issues
1. Fix Fatal error when Notification Module is inactive
2. Code Improvement removed some debugging code.
3. Add Notice when BuddyPress is inactive
1. Complete rewrite for better code and efficiency.
2. Uses WordPress heartbeat api instead of long polling via the ajax.
3. Allows theme authors to replace the inbuilt notification UI with notification bell .