This project is to speed up your blog. With special techniques your blog will get very strong!
But watch out, randomized content wouldn’t be randomized, because the content is saved in static files, and the Admin-bar from the frontend will be removed!
In the backend the plugin is strongly customizable so you have total control of caching. You can define expiring times, so that the cache-file will be renewed in a certain interval. A special feature is the “brutal mode”. It starts a short script at the beginning of the program, so the resources your blog needs will be drastically reduced, if a cache-file exists.
Some times the cachefiles are empty. The only and first time I noticed this was with Artisteer themes.
Trouble Shooting Help
“undefined Index ‘HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH’ …” appears at my page
Turn error_reporting E_STRICT off, so it won’t appear another time.
How to install the plugin.
- decompress the archive
- load the folder to the plugin directory
- activate the plugin
- configure the plugin under settings -> brutal cache
Contributors & Developers
“Brutal Cache” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- code improvements
- corrected some spelling mistakes
- minor bugfix
- minor performance updates
- some workflow updates
- minor bugfix with symbols in urls
- bugfix at brutal mode
- fixed another little bug which created a E_NOTICE
- feature: delete cache with wildcard
- deactivates caching for logged in users, so adminpanel usw could be used
- feature: reduce HTML requests
- feature: delete single cachefile
- chances a little the backend
- fixes SVN
- bug fixes
- deleting admin-bar from frontend
- adding control of minifing cache
- little bugfix
- little bugfix
- Cachefiles now get minified
- security patch
- Brutal Mode is checking whether submitbutton was pressed
- optimizing the caching
- little bugfixes
- Rename the version
- Optimizing the plugin
- requirements set to PHP5
- Brutal Mode optimized
- Adminmenü translated
- settings optimized