[browser-shot] shortcode to automate the process of taking website screenshots. An icon is also added to the TinyMCE editor to make the shortcode creation process easy.
// basic shot 600px wide [browser-shot url="http://link-to-website" width="600"] // shot with link to other website [browser-shot url="http://link-to-website" width="700" link="http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/"] // shot with caption (uses default WordPress caption styles) [browser-shot url="http://link-to-website" width="700"]Add Caption[/browser-shot]
- url (required) – the url of the link to shorten
- width – the width of the image
- height – the height of the image
- alt – the image alt text
- link – where the image links. Left blank it will point to the website where the screenshot is being taken
- target – browser target. Set to _blank to open in a new window
- class – add a class to the browsershots wrapper
- image_class – change the default browsershots image class from alignnone to your chosen class
The Browser Shots plugin is compatibly with WordPress Multisite, just use the Network Activate feature to enable the shortcode on every site. If you only want to enable the shortcode for a specific site, activate the plugin for that site only.
- Install easily with the WordPress plugin control panel or manually download the plugin and upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Its working perfect, thanks for nice plugin. It made my day.
Great idea! Browser Shots is a great wordpress plugin used by many users.
If you need to check your website to make sure it looks correct on 400+ devices. You can try out BrowserShots. It’s similar to using this wordpress version, but easier, free and simple to use. BrowserShots has always been a great software idea, this idea has been expanded overtime in various ways.
Saves so much time and tedious steps. Also links directly to the URL so users can visit easily. Thank you for this plugin!
Contributors & Developers
“Browser Shots” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.5.2 – 7th January 2017
- Improve output html to reduce likelihood of html being modified by a plugin
- Swap urlencode for rawurlencode
- Switch to yoda conditions
- add two new class properties. One for the container, one for the image
- lots of code tidying, and refactoring. Simpler, faster, and more secure
- new tinymce icon that fits the style of the editor much better 🙂
- update localisation strings so that things can be translated more easily
- Update the website screen capture path. This ensures the code will work properly on secure domains
- Add some additional value escaping for extra security
- Fix a couple of small bugs with the visual editor and add support for all shortcode parameters
- Make the visual editor work again (thanks to Ciprian Dracea for the report and the code help!)
- add a new pop up box for the shortcode properties in visual editor mode
- Add ‘link’ attribute. Allows you to change the url that the screenshot links to
- Sanitize the height attribute and fix a small height related PHP error
- Add support for captions
- Add target attribute for opening links in new windows
- Add ‘height’ attribute to the TinyMCE prompts
- Allow users to override ‘height’ attribute in [browser-shot] shortcode
- Initial public release to the WordPress plugin repository