Easily add breadcrumbs to your template. If you’re using one of the supported WordPress frameworks, it’s as easy as enabling the plugin and checking the “Try to add automatically box”, if you’re not using one of those, adding it is as simple as adding one line of code to your template!
Currently the breadcrumbs plugin supports the following frameworks:
- WP Framework
- Follow the instructions on the Yoast Breadcrumbs page.
Yes, I know it’s old as hell. Yes, I know it’s no longer supported. Yes, I know there’s another Yoast plugin out there that includes this one as part of the package. I know, I know.
However, this was the only plugin out of all the many that I tried that gave me both exactly what I wanted (a very simple text only breadcrumb trail that I could place wherever I wanted inside of my page layout) and didn’t break my WordPress theme or admin page in some way. Don’t get me wrong–I’m probably better off using a plugin that’s been more recently updated but until I can find one that works similarly to this one, this one will do for now.
Wow, the plugin hasn’t been updated for over 6 years, bit it is still being used by over 40.000 websites.
For those who don’t know, it is now part of the YOAST SEO plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Yoast Breadcrumbs” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed XSS vulnerability in search result pages breadcrumbs.
- Upgraded Backend class to 0.2.
- Upgraded Backend class to 0.1.2.
- Fixed minor issue in post preview when post has no categories yet as per this thread.
- Added support for WP Framework.
- Added missing CSS for Backend Class.
- Fixed theme framework integration per this suggestion.
- Upgraded Backend class to 0.1.1.
- Switched to new Yoast Plugin Backend.
- Prevented issues with double declaration of breadcrumbs.
- Added automatic support for Thematic, Hybrid and Thesis frameworks.
- Added support for custom taxonomies.