This BuddyPress (version 1.8+) plugin allows you to stick groups on top of the groups directory front page. Administrators can set a group as sticky from the WordPress backend group Admin UI.
NB : version 1.0.3 of this plugin requires at least BuddyPress 1.9
The sticky groups will appear whatever the sort order of the groups loop is. As soon as a search query is performed, the sticky feature won’t be applied so that the result of the search remains consistent.
This plugin is available in french and english.
You can download and install BP Sticky Groups using the built in WordPress plugin installer. If you download BP Sticky Groups manually, make sure it is uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/bp-sticky-groups/”.
Activate BP Sticky Groups in the “Plugins” admin panel using the “Network Activate” (or “Activate” if you are not running a network) link.
- If you have a question
Please use the support forum of this plugin
Contributors & Developers
“BP Sticky Groups” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Stops using a filter on bp_get_group_name in favor of bp_get_group_class (available since 1.9) for Groups directory & bp_groups_admin_row_class for Groups administration screen
- BuddyPress 1.9 required
- In front, to avoid trouble with the groups widget, the group name filter is now “encapsulated” between two “do_actions”. It starts on bp_before_groups_loop and ends at bp_after_groups_loop. So themes need to make sure to include this 2 “do_actions” before and after the groups loop in the template /groups/groops-loop.php.
- Side note : filtering bp_get_group_name is far from being the greatest way of indicating a group is sticky, as people may use the bp_group_name() tag inside a link title attribute, i’ll work on this as soon as BuddyPress will include a specific tag class to the group li element in groups loop.
- This version also fixes a silly mistake i made to get the name of the groupmeta table (really sorry for this one!!)
- Fixes a PHP 5.4 strict error
- BuddyPress 1.8 required