BuddyPress Poke Plugin allows members to poke other members on a BuddyPress Social network.
How it works:-
When a user visits other user’s profile they can use poke button to poke them.
If the BuddyPress activity component is disabled, poke funcionality will not be available.
We welcome your suggestions and support request at BuddyDev
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
1. Download the zip file and extract
bp-poke directory to the
1. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Does This plugin works without BuddyPress
No, It needs you to have BuddyPress installed and activated. Please make sure that you have BuddyPress activity component enabled to use this plugin.
Overall this is a solid plugin. I wish it offered a bit more such as an email notification to users and the ability to easily change “poke” to something else such as “flirt”, “like”, “wink”, etc., but it works as intended. I had to edit the plugin to change “poke” to “like” but it works. Only issue is that if he updates this plugin I am going to have to update the plugin code each time. As a non coder I wouldn’t have been able to get this functionality for my Buddypress site and I wanted it so I can’t really complain. Hoping to see some improvements on this plugin into the future…Hint, hint!
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Poke” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Do not throw fatal errors when notification/activity components are disabled.
- Fix notification issue for users.
- Fix issue with legacy notification.
- Reorganize code
- Add theme compatibility.
- Instead of deleting notification, mark it as read.
- Fix notices for PHP 5.4
- Do not show the poke button if the user is not logged in
- Allow Redefining the poke slug using BP_POKE_SLUG constant
- Link to the username who poked
- Initial release