BP Member Map allows people on a BuddyPress site to have a map of their location on their profile. It uses the Google location API to convert real-world addresses into latitude and longitude coordinates.
WordPress 2.8.5 and above
- Install the plugin into the bp-member-map directory, and activate as site-wide
- Make sure you have a field that represents each user’s location. If not, add one.
- From the settings screen, configure the plugin three simple options
- Use the bp_show_member_map() function to output a map on a members profile
None so far!
Contributors & Developers
“BP Member Map” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Complete rewrite from fork.
- Functions put into proper classes
- Added more hooks and filters for easier additional development
- Directory still needs rewrite for BuddyPress 1.2 (use at your own risk)
- Forked from BraveNewCode’s BuddyPress Geo plugin, updated for BuddyPress 1.2, and simplified
- Added ability to delete database table and restore it from the admin panel
- Fixed bug involving a full location table rebuild
- Fixed end condition for table rebuild
- Fixed stray miles string
- Updated verbiage
- Fixed queries to be compatible with HyperDB when the user table is on a different database
- First beta