BP Labs contains three unofficial BuddyPress experiments; @mentions autosuggest, Quick Admin, and Like Button. All experiments are in beta, and come with no guarantees.
@mentions autosuggest requires the Activity component, and extends its @messaging feature to help you find the short name of a user. It is integrated into comments, the “What’s New” activity status box, Private Messaging (body), and bbPress v1 group forums. To trigger the autosuggest, type an
@ followed by at least one other letter.
For example, to mention to Paul Gibbs, you could type
@Paul G, and it will show a list of users who match. You can then select one of these users, and their short name will be added to the text area (even if Paul’s short name is
Quick Admin requires Groups, and affects the group directory. Designed to help speed up accessing admin screens for each group, hovering over each group in the directory will reveal links to the admin screens for that group (e.g. edit details, group settings, group avatar).
Like Button requires the Activity component, and adds a “Like” button onto WordPress’ Toolbar when viewing a blog post.
Remember, these are my own unofficial experiments for BuddyPress which I am making available for testing, feedback, and to give people new shiny things for their websites.
- Place this plugin in the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- I need help, or something’s not working
For help, or to report bugs, visit the support forum.
- I’ve created a group, and Quick Admin links aren’t appearing in the directory
At the moment, only super admins are able to view the Quick Admin links. This will be addressed in a future version.
- What happened to the Akismet anti-spam experiment?
It got merged into BuddyPress 1.6! Woohoo!
Thanks for this great plugin I use it with WP 3.5, BP 1.6.3
want to tell you if i activate(turn on) @mentions autosuggest then photo tagging is disabled automatically.. any suggestions ?
Contributors & Developers
“BP Labs” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Akismet support removed as that got merged into BuddyPress 1.6! Woohoo!
- Add Like Button experiment (requires BuddyPress 1.6+ & WordPress 3.4+).
- Thanks to karmatosed, and Ryan McCue, for graphics and bug fixes, respectively.
- BuddyPress 1.5 compatibility.
- Added caching to @mentions autosuggest; it speeds up multiple requests for the same query.
- Added Activity Stream Spam experiment (requires BuddyPress 1.5).
- Added options panel underneath the BuddyPress menu in WordPress admin.
- First version; with @mentions autosuggest and Quick Admin.