NOTE: This plugin works with BP Gallery RC2 and RC3.
I needed a sidebar solution to show links to bp-gallery galleries, so I wrote this widget. This widget selects from galleries of
type “photo”. The widget lets you specify the following parameters
- Maximum Galleries: the number of galleries to show.
- Gallery Order: choose from Random, Earliest, and Latest
- Thumbnail: choose cover, first, or random image to determine which image is used for a thumbail in the sidebar. Cover image is specified in bp-gallery.
- Thumbnail width/height: the HTML attributes width & height.
- Thumbnail padding: used for padding-right and padding-bottom for each thumbnail
- Shout out to Brajesh Singh for creating the bp-gallery plugin
- Shout out to Mathias Geat, whose nextgen-gallery-sidebar widget code was a big help while I was writing this plugin.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the widget in the widget editor.
- For best results, use the same dimensions for thumnail display that are specified for bp-gallery.
The bp-gallery thumbnail is used for this widget, so using the same size means nice thumbnails.
Q: Does this work standalone?
A: No, sorry, it requires the BP Gallery plugin installed in BuddyPress
Q: WordPress single-user vs. WP-MU — does it matter?
A: Nope. It should work fine for both.
Contributors & Developers
“BP-Gallery Sidebar Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added use of gallery slug, so that thumbails link to their galleries instead of their owner profiles.
- Modified for WP-MU compatability. Now references the BP Gallery tables using the wpdb->base_prefix variable.