BP Code Snippets is a BuddyPress component to share snippets in your community. Important : since version 2.1 of this plugin BuddyPress 1.6+ is required.
In WordPress administration, under the BuddyPress menu, You can manage the look and feel of code snippets and disable/enable the component for groups / group forums / blogs.
NB : Once the Super Admin / Admin activated the component for groups, Group Admins will be able to activate it for their group by choosing the wanted languages for code snippets in the Snippets sub menu of Admin tab.
You can download and install BP Code Snippets using the built in WordPress plugin installer. If you download BP Code Snippets manually, make sure it is uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/bp-code-snippets/”.
Activate BP Code Snippets in the “Plugins” admin panel using the “Network Activate” (or “Activate” if you are not running a network) link.
- If you have any question
Use the support forum of this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“BP Code Snippets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- security fix : zClip is abandonned due to security hole
- finally fixes various bugs appearead since 1.6 BuddyPress upgrade.
- BuddyPress 1.7 ready !
- finally BuddyPress 1.5+ ready !
- Better integration with group forums and blog posts
- The Snippets directory now supports language category filtering (and searching)
- Snippets can now be favorited by members
- A widget can display the most favorited snippets
- You can allow people to embed snippets in an iframe
- You can ease the process of sharing snippets thanks to BP Bookmarklet plugin.
- adds the support of WP 3.1 network admin menu
- fixes a bug on activity filtering
- it’s now possible to add snippets (without saving them in the group component) into regular posts or forum posts
- it’s now possible to embed snippets into regular posts or forum posts
- fixes a bug in the display of Snippets Public Directory
- trouble in snippet comment count fixed
- widget : title is customizable
- widget : Recently commented display mode added
- widget : displays the snippets of public groups when not on a group single template
- widget : once on a group single template, displays the snippets of the group if public or if logged in user is member of the group
- Snippets Public Directory : on home page a snippet navigation has been added.
- RSS feeds added to member template / group template / Snippets public directory template / single snippet template for the comments feed
- In the home group, if you add to the groups/home.php or groups/activity.php template the tag bp_custom_group_boxes(), it will enable some stats for the snippets group (more infos can be found here).
- Into the member area, under the snippets nav, all the snippets written by a user can be displayed
- A widget can be added to the sidebar to display the most commented or latest public snippets
- New languages are supported (Java, Java FX, Perl, Python, Ruby, ColdFusion, AppleScript, CPP, CSharp, VB, Bash)
- Plugin birth..