This plugin requires Popular Posts because it uses its count system. Boxoffice doesn’t store data itself.
Boxoffice will display a list of all your published articles, ordered by their count views,
most viewed on top, with their title, date and rank (since 0.2).
A template tag
boffice() (since 0.2) may be used also for displaying anywhere.
See a demonstration here.
French translation provided and .pot file.
Remember to install before Popular Posts and Post-Plugin Library.
- Upload the directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create a new page or post called
BoxOffice, or what ever you want
- Note somewhere the new ID of the page or post you just created
- Clic on the HTML tab to go in html mode
- Copy the comment
<!-- box office replacement point -->in the html code, in a standalone paragraph (important)
- Go the option page
- Enter the ID
- Change some options
- Save the options
- go and see your page / post
Does it show only posts ?
Yes, no comment or page or something else…
Can I include it in a post ?
Yes, since version 0.2
What happends if I don’t have Popular Posts?
Nothing wrong happends, the page stays blank without error.
Does it works with others similar plugins ?
Not yet, but if you let me know about a plugin and
his get_post_views($post_id) function,
I will add it in future versions of boxoffice
Why is your english so bad ?
Because I’m French!
Contributors & Developers
“BoxOffice” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- added some css classes to improve the look
- boxoffice can be included in page or post
- the ID of page or post must be told in the options page
- new options page
- rank displayed
- possibility to turn on/off rank, visits, date
- a template tag