Bounce plugin uses a (provided) POP3 to look for delivery error messages (bounced
emails) and tries to remove them from your blog so no more emails will be sent to those
not working addressed. It’s a good practice to avoid to be marked as “spammer”.
Developer contributions welcomed.
Offial page: Bounce.
- Put the plugin folder into [wordpress_dir]/wp-content/plugins/
- Go into the WordPress admin interface and activate the plugin
- Optional: go to the options page and configure the plugin
See Bounce plugin official page for updated FAQ.
This plugin works to remove user or commenter addresses that have bounced when emails are sent… It is very helpful to have when you are using other Satollo plugins like Newsletter, Comment Notifier, or Comment Plus.
Nice time saving plugin but it does not work with outlook.com , I did not try other email providers , Hope the issue will fixed in next version for Outlook.com
Bounce and Newsletter plug-ins are the best Newsletter control solution I could found. Using it already for some websites, last of them is http://depozitulderetete.ro/ and for sure others will follow!
Contributors & Developers
“Bounce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- WP 4.4.2 compatibility check
- Log fixes
- Added bounced emails import
- fixed the email clean up method
- Reorganized the test panel
- Option to process WordPress users
- Option to process WordPress comments
- Added the bounce_emails table to store the bounced emails
- Fixed a PHP notice
- Fixed the email extraction on a couple of rules
- Fixed some detection rules
- Inline help fixes
- Added a new detection rule
- Fixed the case sensitive problem
- new detection rule
- fixed a detection rule
- added a new detection rule
- Email extraction: removed the greater than and lower than characters
- First release