LET’S STICK THAT BAR AT THE BOTTOM FOREVER!
Natively WordPress doesn’t offer the possibility to change your admin bar position. With that simple extension you can stick it at the bottom forever and hide it by pressing shortcut!
- Stick admin bar to the bottom
- Hide bar by pressing SHIFT + Down Arrow
- Upload the bottom-admin-toolbar folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Why would I need the admin bar at the bottom?
For example when you develop a website which has a sticky header
October 9, 2022
Bottom Admin Toolbar is one of the first plugins I install on a new website. Thanks for the great plugin.
August 17, 2021 1 reply
I really wonder how come Wordpress haven't added a "show on bottom" option. One of the more helpful plugins, thank you!
August 30, 2020
Thanks for this great plugin! It's the only "Bottom Admin Bar" plugin that actually does the job. Added to my default list 🙂
July 30, 2020
I didn't find any other extensions that do the job. This one is simple and clean 5 Stars !
Contributors & Developers
“Bottom Admin Toolbar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Bottom Admin Toolbar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Use dynamic bar height if bigger than default size
- Show / Hide toolbar in administration
- Refacto code
- Add custom class on admin bar for compatiblity with Dynamic Plugins
- Update code by using Object Oriented Method
- Overall Optimization
- Reset admin bar to top if tinyMCE Instance is detected on page (Conflicts with pop-up)
- Add rating link 😉
- Prefix functions to prevent conflict
- Use is_admin_bar_showing() function instead of is_user_loggedin_in() to enqueues custom files. Thanks to @hwk-fr
- Add class to wpadminbar for compatibility with other extensions
- Rename functions to prevent crashing when using with other extensions
- Add support for hiding bar with keyboard shortcut (Shift+ Arrow Down)
- Initial release