Bookmark Export helps you enter your Blog into several social bookmarking service.
It automatically generates bookmark-files which you can easily import into these services.
The plugin gets the title, description, date of the last modification
and the date the post has been published. Bookmark Export safes you
a lot of time if you want to import every single post or page of your blog
into social bookmarking services (e.g. for pagerank-optimization ;)).
Feel free to contact me if something weird happens during usage.
bookmark-exportfolder to your
Install the plugin using the WordPress Plugin Library
Activate the plugin through the administration-panel
Use the admin-panel to generate and download your bookmark-files
- What do i have to to with the bookmark-files?
Most social bookmarking services offer a feature thats called something like
“Import Bookmark-File”. There you have to upload your file. All your
bookmarks are going to be imported automatically.
- Why is service my favorite social-bookmarking service not supported?
Since version 2.0 there is no service on this planet (yet) which is not supported 😉
- Your plugin killed my WordPress, idiot!
Let me know what exactly happened, we will find a solution 😉
- How to contact you?
If you need to contact me, you will find the information inside the admin panel.
- Who do you want to thank?
Michael Pluemer (www.walking-away.de) for his intensive testing!
Kim Harding, Rene Hesse (www.mobiflip.de) and Asterios Paulsen (www.sappalapapp.de) for their excellent work on debugging!
Thank you guys!
Contributors & Developers
“Bookmark Export” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- (new) multi-language support! finally! (comes with German and English)
- (new) support for Browser-compatible Bookmark-Files.
- (new) support for Linkarena
- (new) UI has been cleaned up. If you go over a text area using your mouse-cursor you will get additional info.
- (fixed) form was stuck after export
- (fixed) problem with umlauts
- (fixed) export-button did not appear in some situations
- (fixed) donation-button in admin-panel
- (new) completely redesigned user-interface
- (new) the names of the bookmark-files are now more meaningful
- (new) links to the most common social bookmarking-services
- (info) plugin is prepared for multi language support. I will make it public in the next major release
- (info) internal debug-release only
- (fixed) “Export new only” function was broken in version 2.0.2
- (new) you can now specify a time period. The plugin exports every post or page published in this period
- (new) donation button in the admin-panel (feel free to donate)
- (info) for users with a large number of posts or pages (>300): please use the new time period-functionality. The WordPress functions are not able to work with that many posts/pages.
- (fixed) updated one function to use a new WordPress feature
- (fixed) typos
- (fixed) export of large numbers of posts (thanks to Rene Hesse)
- (new) choose whether you want to export every post/page or just the ones that you published since the last export
- (new) choose a custom tag-separator
- (new) plugin is now universal. You can export for whatever social bookmarking service you want.
- (new) interface-improvements in the admin-panel
- (fixed) a bug inside the bookmark-file generator.
- (new) rewritten main parts of the plugin
- (new) doesnt require self-created bookmark-files any more.
- (new) the plugin can now export blog pages as well.
- (fixed) the plugin works MUCH faster now!
- (info) since its nearly everything i wanted to achieve with this plugin, its tagged version 1.0 now.
- (fixed) some wired behaviors on some Web-servers (Thanks to Kim for debugging!)
- (info) due to recent changes the plugin should now work on WordPress 2.5 as well!
- (fixed) an error in the function that writes to the bookmark-files.
- (fixed) an error within a switch case function
- (info) changed the order of tasks which have to be performed.
- (new) added a submit-button (new bookmark files will be generated when you click the button).
- (fixed) deleted some redundancies in the code.
- (info) changes in code structure, the plugin should run faster now.
- (fixed) a typo
- (info) initial release of the plugin