Blugz for WordPress is a standalone, highly optimized Google™ Buzz™ stream importer for Wordress.
Using Blugz you can easily import your Buzz posts into a single category of your blog, automatically adding comments, images and links exactly as they show up on buzz.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE IN A BETA VERSION
- Import your whole buzz stream into your wordpress blog
- Auto-update new posts everytime someone visit your website (you can set up a minimum delay)
- Shows comments in real time
- Shows images, links and rich media exactly as shown in buzz
- Geolocation Integration >new<
- Choose user to assign imported posts to
- Shows likes in real time >new<
Why would you need to import your buzz stream into a Blog?
- You can be indicized better on google, using sitemaps, advanced seo tools etc
- You can personalize it adding themes or changing the whole layout
- You can monetize your stream adding advertising to your posts
- You can enrich your blog adding a live flux of posts to your current articles
Please fill out your suggestion in the dedicated thread
- Multiple account support
- Direct link to images in the image attachments
- Video support
- Get images at first import
- Direct comments write support
- Upload the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Insert your user and change the destination category from
Blugzin your WP Administration
To start importing your buzz you just need to visit your blog homepage. The first import will take a while, please be patient. As soon as the page finishes loading you can refresh it and you should see your brand new aggregated stream.
Ad Hoc Theme
You can download a modded version of P2 theme and install it to achieve the best Blugz experience
Download P2 Mod Blugz themes website.
To use geolocation you need to install the Automattic official plugin
For the best result we suggest you to use the
P2 theme with disabled titles. You can download
P2 from the official wordpress themes website.
If you are using a different theme you should act as follows:
- Disable comments
- Disable titles
Why geolocation isn’t working?
Please install GeoLocation plugin
Contributors & Developers
“Blugz – Google Buzz stream importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Updated API protocol to new version
- Added “Likes” support
- Better GeoLocation support, added since the first import
- Debugged Comments
- Improved Graphics
- Saved many async calls by getting more info from the new API
- Started working with JSON instead of Serialized Arrays on Ajax
- Added user selection
- BugFixed GeoLocation again
- BugFixed image placement
- BugFixed missing time
- BugFixed GeoLocation
- Added GeoLocation support
- Bugfixed Images
- Added some more graphics
- Links to leave comments
- Added titles to links
- Added support for images
- Added icon for Links