Based on ideas in an excellent post by Avinash Kaushik this plugin calculates the following:
- average number of posts per month
- average number of words per post
- average number of comments per post without your own comments
- average number of trackbacks per post
- average number of words used in comments to posts
and it calculates the same data for the last month, and for each author too!
Includes a widget for your sidebar too!
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
blog_metrics.phpfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- The plugin will appear as a subpage on your dashboard.
Contributors & Developers
“Blog Metrics” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- 1.2.6: fixed access to the Blog Metrics menu.
- 1.2.5: added Ozh Dropdown Admin Menu icon and settings link on the plugins page.
- 1.2.4: Fixed several warnings
- 1.2.3: fixes for 2.7
- 1.2.1: fixed a bug where std dev would show when n=1
- 1.2: cleaned up some code and fixed WP 2.6 compatibility.
- 1.1: fixed a few divisions by zero.
- 1.0: added standard deviation, and a widget for your sidebar
- 0.3: added data per author, separated comments and trackbacks, and improved data reliability by using better queries.
- 0.2: added data for the last month.
- 0.1: initial version.