Adds a bitcoin address field to user profiles so that authors can accept bitcoin donations via an automatically generated bitcoin donation box after their posts or anywhere on the site with the [bitmate-author-donate] shortcode.
Please visit our site and subscribe for updates to stay in the loop about our Bitcoin plugins for WordPress.=======
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enter a valid bitcoin address on the User Profile page under “BitMate Donation Information” for any users that wish to enable the donation box.
- Configure the display options through the “BitMate” page.
- (Optional) Use the [bitmate-author-donate] shortcode anywhere you want to manually include the donation box, e.g. WordPress pages etc.
- What if I don’t want the donation box to appear on my posts?
You can simply remove the bitcoin address from your user profile to disable the box from appearing on your posts. The same applies for any user.
- I need help with something not mentioned here?
Check out the official plugin site for more information – http://bitmate.net/author-donations/
Contributors & Developers
“BitMate Author Donations” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed page display bug.
- Fixed mixed content error for SSL enabled websites.
- Removed encoded character bug on settings page.
- Fixed content display for authors without bitcoin address.
- Display below posts option now only applies to posts, not pages.
- Widget QR Code Bugfix
- Added BitMate author donation widget
- Optimised responsive CSS for improved display at smaller widths
- First Public Release