- Install and activate the plugin before moving the website.
- Move the files and databases to the new location
- Update the wp-config.php file to match the new database settings
- Go to the first page (or any other frontend page) on the new domain
- Sit back and relax
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
What happens if I don’t deactivate the plugin after I complete the migration?
Theoretically nothing happens, but we highly recommend you to deactivate the plugin after the website migration.