Big Big Menu provides a simple Admin interface for creating and re-ordering the main navigation menu on your blog. The menu can include any Pages, Categories, Author Pages, and Links that you’ve added to WordPress.
This plugin will work with any theme that uses wp_list_pages() to output the main navigation. You can also easily add the generated menu to your own custom theme.
- Go to ‘Manage’ > ‘Big Big Menu’ in WordPress Admin to arrange your menu.
- You will see the following:
- Left Column: the orange boxes show the current menu configuration.
- Middle Column: the tabs contain the available menu items grouped by type
- Right Column: the plugin settings… you probably don’t need to change these
- Click the “plus” signs in available menu items to add them to the menu
- Drag-and-drop current menu items to change their order
- Click on the “minus” signs in current menu items to remove them from the menu
Adding the Template Tag
If this plugin doesn’t work with your template out-of-the-box, you can still use it by adding a little code to your template files. This requires a bit of knowledge about HTML and PHP, but can be done through the ‘Design’ > ‘Theme Editor’ area of WordPress Admin. Here’s How:
- Open the template file where your main navigation menu is located.
- Add the tag
<? bigbig_menu() ?>to the template where the menu should appear.
- Save the template file.