Adds new user profile fields, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Deviant Art and Tumblr. These new fields can be used in your template with get_author_meta(”)
For example, to add the Google+ URL you would use get_author_meta(‘googleplus’).
- Upload the betterprofilefields folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit your profile page to see the new fields.
- How can I add links to the profiles in my template?
Use the following sample in your template to link to the profile. Add this part, enclosed within PHP tags, to the link part of your URL.
In the above example you’ll replace ‘googleplus’ (as well as the link text) with the name of the profile field. Here’s the full list:
- Facebook = ‘facebook’
- GooglePlus = ‘googleplus’
- Tumblr = ‘tumblr’
- Twitter = ‘twitter’
- Deviant Art = ‘deviantart’
- LinkedIn = ‘linkedin’
Contributors & Developers
“Better User Profile Fields” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release