Replacement for the built in RSS widget that adds an optional link target, shortcode, and page conditionals.
This plugin does not, and cannot replace the existing RSS Widget. Once you install, activate, and configure this plugin you must go to your Widgets page and either replace existing RSS widgets with the new widget, or add new Better RSS Widgets.
- Add title or post tags to the feed URL in the shortcode.
- Excerpt length can be set in both the widget and the shortcode.
- Limit the number of characters to display for the title of the post.
- Add text or html before the list of posts on widgets.
- Page conditionals select whether or not to show on Home, Front, Single Post, Archive, Search, Category, Tag, and Date pages.
- Shortcode to allow embedding RSS feeds into posts and pages.
- Choose whether to cache the RSS feed and set the cache duration per feed, defaults to 3600 seconds (1 hour).
- Option to display the post time.
- Allows multiple widgets each with different settings.
- Adds the link target to both the RSS Title and all articles.
- Default settings screen allows you to decide what defaults will appear when adding a new widget.
This plugin includes the following translations. Translations listed with no translator were created by the plugin developer using Google Translate. If you can improve these, you can get your name listed here!