This plugin will add a new widget to the Appearance -> widgets area called “custom archives widget”. It allows you to display links to your archive pages in any widgetized area of your website.
The difference with the default WordPress archives widget is that it groups the links to monthly archives by year (also links), and adds a spiffy
accordion effect to reveal the links to monthly archives when you hover over a year.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to your widgetized area via Appearance -> widgets
- What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
This is a good plugin. Does what it says, but it would be nice if months would be translated like original archive widget.
Does the trick and even displays the month on rollover. Cool!
Compact archive list is perfect, but months are always in English and not in local language (default Archive widget shows months in local language).
Contributors & Developers
“Better archives widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added filters to query for better compatibility
- Added internationalization
- Added escaping
- Fixes and improvments.
- Removed CSS file and minified js
- Major revision