Bens Translator is a plugin for WordPress that generates translated pages using Google Translator.
The pages are cached by your webserver and displayed as a normal webpage.
This allows indexing by Google and other search engines to boost your traffic.
Search Engine Optimized: it uses the permalinks by adding the language code at the beginning of all your URI.
For example the english version on www.domain.com/mycategory/mypost will be automatically transformed in www.domain.com/de/mycategory/mypost
Fast Caching System: new fast, smart, optimized, self-cleaning and built-in caching system.
Drastically reduction of the risk of temporarily ban from translation engines.
Fully configurable layout: you can easily customize the appearance of the translation bar by choosing between a TABLE or DIV based layout for the flags bar.
You can also select the number of translations to make available to your visitors.
No database modifications: Bens Translator is not intrusive.
It doesn’t create or alter any table on your database, this feature permits to obtain better performance by not running extra database queries.
Contributors & Developers
“Bens Translator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- When changing permalink structure from on to off, plugin settings need to be updated or you will get a 404 error
- FIXED – Text links not displaying
- ADDED – Tags and Categories to cache management page
- CHANGED – Cache management with jquery and customisable views options (thanks to bloguedegeek.net)
- ADDED – Cache Management Page (You can Backup, Delete and Manually Flush the cache)
- FIXED – Minor Bug Fixes
- CHANGED – Number of pages shown in cache browser now 20 at a time
- ADDED – Added Romanian Language
- FIXED – Page not translated page “looping”
- ADDED – Option to turn Validation engine on/off in settings
- REMOVED – WordPress Proxy Support (Will be back)
- CHANGED – File directory error checking
- ADDED – WordPress Proxy Support
- ADDED – New page showing what pages are translated
- FIXED – Directory not writable 0777 error
- FIXED – filemtime error
- FIXED – 500/403 “Redirect Loop” error
- FIXED – Translation stopped after language bar
- ADDED – Customisable Template for redirect
- ADDED – Italian Translation (Provided By )
- FIXED – Adding random characters to the url would show original page (with invalid url)
- FIXED – Empty redirect in Google Webmaster, removed Extra Frame in google translation
- FIXED – Pages wouldn’t Expire to Stale Cache
- UPDATED – Estimated pages to translate is now more accurate
- ADDED – Meta Language tag to translated pages
- ADDED – Translated pages will now validate
- CHANGED – Changed all variables from gltr prefix to bentr, To prevent conflicts with Global Translator
- CHANGED – Changed how Bens-translator handles google returning an error (Works without the widget/flag bar on the page)
- ADDED – Added support for WordPress po/mo translation framework (No Translations Yet)
- CHANGED – Changed Language drop down list to include localisation
- ADDED – Check to see if permalinks have been changed and then automatically updates the .htaccess
- CHANGED – Changed redirect status code to 307 “temporary redirect”
- CHANGED – Changed Alt attribute of flag from “flag” to the language
- CHANGED – Language settings for many languages incorrect
- FIXED – Bug where a blog not using permalinks wouldn’t redirect to google translate correctly**
- ADDED – Text links instead of country flags
- FIXED – Bug where translated pages would be added to google sitemaps regardless of setting**
- ADDED- Optional user editable header can be displayed on any translated page
- First release
- ADDED – Checks for php/wordpress version for compatability
- REMOVED – Extra Translation Engines, Now uses Google solely
- REMOVED – Languages not allowed by Google Adsense
- FIXED – number of files translated error, where folders would be included in total**
- ADDED – Files translated is now automatically loaded in admin panel
- ADDED – Estimated total number of files to be translated added to admin panel
- CHANGED – English flag changed to the Union Flag (Union Jack)
- CHANGED – Cache files and directory organised for easier viewing
- CHANGED – Default expiry changed to 30 days
- CHANGED – Default translation engine connect time changed to 580 seconds
- CHANGED – Options page reorganised
- FIXED – Bug where pages were moved to stale cache, and were younger than the user cache time**
- ADDED – Clears Database entrys on deactivation and creates fresh variables on activation
** Bug from Global Translator