bbPress WP Tweaks replaces regular sidebar with forum specific sidebar. When forum page loaded then forum specific sidebar will be displayed. If nothing in forum sidebar then regular sidebar will be shown. If no sidebar displayed then change default template from plugin settings. you can choose which forum wrapper template to use in plugin settings page.
- bbPress specific sidebar instead of main sidebar.
- default wrapper for forum pages
- bbPress login links widget
bbPress specific sidebar – you can use different sidebar on forum pages. Supports most widgets enabled templates that use main sidebar.
default wrapper for forum pages – bbPRess uses wrapper file in your theme in this order: ‘bbpress.php’, ‘forum.php’, ‘page.php’, ‘single.php’, ‘index.php’. you can choose which teplate to check first. Most templates don’t have sidebar in ‘page.php’, ‘single.php’ files. ‘index.php’ always has sidebar. If you cannot see forum sidebar then change this value to index.php in plugin settings (settins -> bbPress WP Tweaks ) page.
bbPress login links widget – if you want to display login and register links instead of login form in your sidebar then use this widget. By default bbPress will not show login links to visitors if they want to post in forum. Use this widget instead of login form in your bbPress sidebar.
Check out one of my sites’ bbPress forum page.
Plugin home page
Updgrading From A Previous Version
To upgrade from a previous version of this plugin, delete the entire folder and files from the previous version of the plugin and then follow the installation instructions below.
Installing The Plugin
Extract all files from the ZIP file, making sure to keep the file structure intact, and then upload it to
This should result in the following file structure:
- wp-content - plugins - bbpress-wp-tweaks | readme.txt | bbpress-wp-tweaks.php
Then just visit your admin area and activate the plugin.
Using The Plugin
- Add bbPress login links and other bbPress related widgets to bbPress sidebar in appearence -> widgets
- Select forum wrapper file in plugin settings page (Settings -> bbPress WP Tweaks)
- Does this plugin support other languages?
Yes, it does. See the WordPress Codex for details on how to make a translation file. Then just place the translation file, named
bbpress-wp-tweaks-[value in wp-config].mo, into the plugin’s folder.
For 4 weeks, I had been searching and testing plugins and methods to get a global sidebar setup in my forums. In the meantime, I was going in and manually setting a sidebar on every topic and forum that was created.
Finally, I came across this plugin, and right before trying it, I tried another one that promised the same. This other one didn’t work. So, I installed this one, with low hopes.
Bam! It truly worked, and it did it perfectly, in flying colors.
Kudos to the developer, he/she has their head screwed on straight! They know how to fix problems and do so elegantly. YES!
works fine, please keep updated.
Thanks for it, saved to me tons of work
Contributors & Developers
“bbPress WP Tweaks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Minor bugfixes
- Added compatability to WordPress version 3.5 and greater
- Added compatability to bbPress version 2.1 and greater
- Displaying existing forum wrappers in bold in plugin settings.
- Changed how main sidebar is detected. This adds compatability to more themes.
- Initial release of my edition of the plugin.