Pick and choose which forums you would like to turn into a support forum. Turning your forums into a support forum will display topic statuses that admin’s, moderators and the topic creator can change. You can also implement a user ranking system through the forum settings.
For extra functionality check out the GetShopped_support_forum_widgets.
This Plugin requires the new bbPress 2.0 plugin and will not work with their older versions you can find the bbPress plugin here: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress/
Future plans and Ideas
- Option for Admin to add their own statuses to the drop down list
- Option for the Admin to select what colours will be displayed for each status – the default at the moment is Green for resolved topics only.
- Allow the admin to apply default ranks to certain capabilities – eg admin are always “forum maters” essentially overriding the user ranking system.
- Allow admin to select other text that can be displayed with the users information – eg Admin users and Forum Moderators display a “trusted” message below their ranking.
* warnings and bugs fixed
* added in the ability to have a trusted user tag for forum admin and mods
- added in new widgets (topic claim, urgent topics, recently resolved)
- added in the ability for forum moderators and admin to mark topics as urgent
- added in the ability for forum moderators and admin to claim topics
- added in the ability for forum moderators and admin to assign topics to other forum moderators and admin
- added in a topic move
- fixed some bugs and warnings
- the Plugin is Launched for testing