Sick of getting spam on your bbPress 2.0 forums? This will add a reCaptcha anti-bot system to your new topic and topic reply forums.
It’s very simple to use. Just activate, then go to Settings > bbPress reCaptcha and enter your Public and Private keys.
- Upload bbpress-recaptcha to wp-content/plugins
- Click “Activate” in the WordPress plugins menu
- Go to Settings > bbPress reCaptcha and enter your public and private keys
After putting up a bbpress forum for support sure enough along came the spam bots and Ukrainian and Russian IPs… This is a must have for those who don’t wish to continually be blocking IPs.
Contributors & Developers
“bbPress reCaptcha” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added localization for international support
- Added option to disable the reCaptcha for logged in users
- Added reCaptcha to the new topic creation form
- Removed the reCaptcha on topic replies for logged in administrators
- Initial Release