The BackType Tweetcount plugin lets you show the number of times each of your blog posts have been linked to on Twitter. It also lets users easily and quickly retweet a link to your post.
The plugin is highly customizable. You can specify:
- Which of the following URL shorteners to use for retweets: bt.io (default), awe.sm (custom), bit.ly, su.pr, digg.com, tinyurl
- What text you would like used for the retweets
- The color, size and location of the button
This plugin was created using BackType Connect.
If you’re having problems using our plugin, let us know. We’re happy to help! You can contact us through our website.
- How does manual positioning work?
To use manual positioning,
echo backtype_tweetcount();where you would like the plugin to appear in your WordPress theme.
- How long do you track tweets for?
Currently, we will track tweets for your posts for up to approximately three months (much longer than other plugins)
- How can I use a URL shortener other than the ones listed?
Add a custom field to your post named
bttc_short_urland enter the short URL you would like to use.