Background Slideshow uses jQuery to slide through unlimited full-size background images. Images are being connected with both, posts or pages. You can even decide if you want to let your visitors click on a background image to change to its post/page. Background Slideshow offers some nice features for example:
- jQuery Powered lightweight slideshow
- Nice flewing full-size background images
- Link to post/pages
- Full post-thumbnail support
- Add unlimited images
- Use on your whole blog or only on specific pages/posts
- Choose timeout/animation speed
- Upload Background Slideshow to your Plugin directory (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the Plugin.
- Go to Settings/Background Slideshow and customize the Slideshow to your needs.
- Use placeholder [background] or choose “use on whole blog” within the Settings Page.
- Edit/add a post or page and choose “Feature in Background Slideshow”.
- Add a featured image (Should be a full-size image).
- Finished – See the results!
- Where can I insert the Background Slideshow?
Insert it anywhere on every post/page you want with the placeholder [background] or choose “use on whole blog” within the Settings Page.
- What is perfect Resolution for the Images?
Your resolution should be at least 1024 px width. The bigger the better to fit all desktop resolutions.
Contributors & Developers
“Background Slideshow” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- CSS fixes
- Background Slideshow available for download.