What this plugin does:
Displays a Google Translate widget in your side bar. Language settings available.
Add a Google Translate widget to your sidebar for translating your posts and pages.
Settings can be changed from admin settings page.
Choose which languages you would like available for translation.
Choose from three Google Translate Display Modes
Features Planned or in Development:
- Bing/Microsoft Translator Widget
- Download and install BabelZ using the built in WordPress plugin installer. For a manual install upload the “BabelZ” folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Click “Settings” tab and find a link to “BabelZ” settings
- Fill out the settings
- Which version of WordPress is supported?
WordPress 2.7.x to 3.5.x is currently supported. This plugin has not been tested on any versions prior to 2.7.
Contributors & Developers
“BabelZ” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.1.3 – 3/28/13
- Added additional inline display modes (Google Translate)
- Updated language list (Google Translate)
- Added option “Your page contains content in multiple languages.” (Google Translate)
- Added option “Automatically display translation banner to users speaking languages other than the language of your page.” (Google Translate)
1.1.2 – 1/23/13
- Updated compatibility to 3.5
- Removed Yahoo Babelfish widgets
1.1.1 – 2/28/10
- Widget Setting Bug Fixes
1.1.0 – 2/25/10
- Added Google Translate Widget with several options
- Added BabelFish Text/URL combo box
1.0.2 – 6/13/09
- Updated the CSS for boxes to fix visual glitch in 2.8
1.0.1 – 2/26/09
- Link Fix
1.0.0 – 2/24/09
- Initial Release