The AWE plugin is based on a simple idea: read several news feeds, select a few posts, and distribute them into another feed. This plugin gives reliability by making a copy of the news incase the source is shutdown. Furthermore, because posts can be distributed at various sources it makes domain name based censorship noneffective in various network environments. Read hundreds of sources of news at one place for accessibility and improved reading speed across several sources. This is your personal newspaper where you choose what to pay attention to and to make the headlines. Note: This project is experimental and should not be used in production.
/wp-content/plugins/directory or install from plugins directly
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add websites you would like to follow to the sources
- Click ‘Refresh’ to retrieve updates
- Add ‘Recent Reblog’ widget from the Appearance panel to your website
- Click ‘Reblog’ next to items you want to promote from the ‘Reader’
- Tell a friend to subscribe
Contributors & Developers
“AWE” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
See https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/log/awe/ for recent changes.