Avalicious! is a WordPress plugin that integrates LiveJournal, Dreamwidth, and Tumblr user avatars in WordPress comments. It is a functional re-write of Also LJ Avatar (itself a re-write of some even older plugins), with the following differences:
- user avatars are downloaded via the cURL library, hopefully avoiding issues with hosts that disable remote URL includes
- the regexps for extracting avatars have been improved
- the user’s journal URL is extracted from a comment’s URL (not the name)
- the user’s name is not re-written.
- Minor fixes. Should not have better compatibility with Dreamwidth icons.
- Should now work with both HTTP and HTTPS Tumblrs. Magic!
- Small regexp fixes.
- Added support for Tumblr icons.
- Old icons are now cleaned up automatically every month.
- Small bugfixes.
Avalicious! is based off the original Also LJ Avatar by Ravenwood and Irwin. No disrespect is intended towards the original authors; without their great work, this plugin wouldn’t have been possible (or at least would’ve taken a hell of a lot longer to write).
- Upload the
avaliciousfolder to the
- If required, make the
avalicious/danga-iconsdirectory writable (though the plugin should work without it).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Avalicious!” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Avalicious!” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.