This plugin will automatically generate an ordered menu from the headers in your post.
- The plugin adds an ID to all your headers in the post.
- Add the shortcode [autogen_menu] anywhere in the post, to automatically generate a menu with links to your post’s headers.
- You have the option to add links the top of the page next to all the headers. Do this by adding the custom field “autogen_menu_show_top” with a value “true” to the relevant posts.
“autogen_menu” Shortcode Options
Options for the [autogen_menu] shortcode:
- head_class = style classes for the
- div_class = style classes for the wrapping div.
- ol_class = style classes for all
- li_class = style classes for all
- a_class = style classes for all the links.
- depth = the maximum levels of menu to display. The default is 3.
- Add the custom field “autogen_menu_show_top” with a value “true” to add “top” links next to your headers.
- Add “autogen_menu_show_numbering” to add numbers to all your headers.
- There is a new widget called ‘Autogen Menu Widget’ that displays the post’s generated menu.
- Upload the “autogen-headers-menu” plugin to your
- Activate it.
Question: Will this plugin change my posts?
Answer: The only thing you add to your post is the shortcode. The plugin renders on display and changes nothing in the saved content.
Contributors & Developers
“Autogen Headers Menu” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added a menu widget.
- Added the option to have numbering to the headers.
- Added the option to ignore a specific header (usefull when placing the Menu after some content).
- Added the option to set the menu’s header text
- Made the plugin translation ready.
- Added the option to have links to the top of the page next to headers.
- Added “depth” option.
- Fixed a bug while displaying a menu with depth larger than 2.
First public version of the plugin.