By default wordpress menu system, wordpress can only automatically add/remove top-level page to/from menus
- When publish top-level page then add it into menus
- When move top-level page to trash then remove it from menus
- When restore top-level page then add it into menus
this feature has no effect with subpage (child page), but Auto Subpage Menu can
- When publish subpage (child page) then add it into menus (if its page parent exists in menu)
- When update subpage (child page) then update menus
- When move subpage (child page) to trash then remove it from menus
- When restore subpage (child page) then add it into menus
- WordPress Coding Standards
- phpDocumentor DocBlock Standard
- Auto Subpage Menu – WordPress Directory Uri
- 2 spaces for indent
- Repository on Github
- [ ] Implement DocBlock to all
- [ ] Automatically update child-page when its parent have been move, suggested by ncwebdev, topic
- [ ] Add other versions into wordpress download page
WordPress latest: https://img.shields.io/wordpress/v/auto-subpage-menu.svg
Plugin version: https://img.shields.io/wordpress/plugin/v/auto-subpage-menu.svg
Plugin raing: https://img.shields.io/wordpress/plugin/r/auto-subpage-menu.svg
- Install the plugin via plugin’s dashboard or download and upload this plugin into
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Go to Menus and check
Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu
- Let’s see the magic
- How to use it
activate the plugin on your plugin dashboard (
- How it work
please see screenshot
Works as described. Useful plugin.
how can I get this to work with polylang or any simliar plugin for multilanguages.
the “original wordpress” function works very well: i create a new DE-site, I get a new DE-menu item. I create a new EN-Site, I get a new EN-Site.
BUT by using this plugin it should work for child items as well. but it doesn’t.
If i create a new DE-site-CHILD, I get a new DE-menu item (child). If I create a new EN-Site-child, I DON’T get a new EN-Site (child).
It doesn’t do anything…
I have lots of pages, I edit a page (wich falls under a parent (with menu)), I save the page and still no extra submenu item.
This works perfectly!!
Contributors & Developers
“Auto Subpage Menu” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.1.4 (24 Apr 2016)
- Fix issue – plugin is not working if not using default table prefix (wp_), found and fixed by ncwebdev, topic
- Update code style
- Add TODO section
1.1.3 (14 Feb 2016)
- Update meta (readme file, description, link)
1.1.2 (27 Aug 2015)
- Update readme file according wordpress readme file standard
1.1.1 (26 Aug 2015)
- Change file name from README.md to readme.txt
- Update plugin description
1.1.0 (24 Aug 2015)
- Fix issue (twice add child page to menus when update with unchanged page parent)
1.0.0 (23 Aug 2015)
- First release