- Makes it easier to get Google Authorship Verification
- Uses rel=author, rel=me and rel=publisher links to connect your posts, archives, authors pages, Google Plus profiles and Google Plus pages.
- Works on single and multiple author sites
- Supports several ways to link your posts/pages to your author pages: byline, footnote, author box or menu link.
- Helps you set up your archive pages for Google authorship verification
- Allows you to add a title, short or extended bio and sub-headings to your author pages
- Creates links from your site’s author pages to the authors’ Google Plus Profiles on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Skype as well as Google+
- Creates a link from your home page to your Google Plus Page for your product, brand or organization
- Allows you to control whether your rich snippets show the original post publication date or the last time the post was updated.
- Allows you to control whether external links in the author bios are rel=nofollow
- Ability to control whether or not you have Google Authorship for custom post types
- See http://www.authorsure.com/category/themes has set-up instructions for most popular WordPress themes
AuthorSure supplies some shortcodes for use on multi-author sites or where you want more control over placement:
- [authorsure_authors] displays author boxes with photos and bios for all your authors
- [authorsure_author_box] allows you to place the author box exactly where you want on the page
- [authorsure_author_profiles] allows you to place the social icons exactly where you want on the page
Here are some of the useful AuthorSure WordPress Plugin links
- AuthorSure Home Page http://www.authorsure.com/
- Google AuthorSure Markup Explained http://www.authorsure.com/google-authorship-markup/
- AuthorSure Plugin Features http://www.authorsure.com/category/features/
- AuthorSure Help and Support http://www.authorsure.com/help/
- AuthorSure Tutorials http://www.authorsure.com/free-video-tutorials/
See http://www.authorsure.com/category/faq/ for the full list of questions and answers about AuthorSure
Why is Google AuthorShip important? By verifying your authorship with Google, your face will appear in the search results and will tend to give your search entries a better click-through rate than entries without a human face.
What is AuthorRank? Google is now using the authority of the verified author of a page as a ranking factor in the SERPs. For more details see http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/author-rank/
How Long Will It Take For My Face To Show Up In The Search Results? Our experience is that that it takes between 5 days and 6 months for Google to show author images in the search results; it seems that the more often you publish original content and interact on social media channels, the quicker your face will be featured in Google SERPs.
Very good plugin.
Add options for the author footnote positioning (top/bottom left/center/right), and whether opening social icons links in a new tab/window.
Add options to change the HTML tags placed around the author title and to control whether the author box is placed at the top or bottom of the post. Also ensure AuthorSure does not run on sub pages.
Fix bug in custom sorting
Add orderby parameter to authorsure_authors short code to allow custom sorting
Bug fix – fix to loading of plugin on AJAX calls such as inserting a gallery using NEXTGEN.
Bug fix – added missing declaration of authorsure::$intro.
Ability to set defaults for custom post types, improved integration with Genesis themes
Fix major bug in 1.9 – bio is not added to author page
Change Twitter URL to Twitter Name to avoid conflict with WordPress SEO Twitter Cards, fix last updated date on archive pages and add home page rel=author link
For full change history see http://www.authorsure.com/changelog/