Authors Widget shows the list or cloud of the authors, with the number of posts, link to RSS feed next to their name, avatar. It is useful in a multi-author blog, where you want to have the list in the sidemenu.
The widget can also display an “Author Cloud” if SEO Tag Cloud plugin is installed.
- What languages Authors Widget is translated to?
- Belarusian / беларуская by Alexander Ovsov
- Bulgarian / български by Dimitar Kolevski
- Danish by WPbureauet
- English by Gavriel Fleischer
- French by [Wolforg]
- German / Deutsch by Roland Heide, Ralph Stenzel
- Hebrew / עברית by Sagive
- Hungarian / Magyar by Flöcsy
- Italian / italiano by Aurezio
- Lithuanian by Nata Strazda
- Polish / Polski Krzysztof
- Russian / Русский by Fat Cow
- Serbian / srpski by [Borisa Djuraskovic]
- Spanish / Español by Jos Velasco
- Turkish / Türkçe by [losing911]
- Ukrainian / українська by Michael Yunat
- How can I exclude certain authors from being displayed?
Add them to the Exclude list either by ID or user_login:
- How can I include only certain authors?
Add them to the Include list. The format is the same as for the Exclude.
Fill only one of the fields: either Include or Exclude, but not both of them.
Does exactly what it says. Very nice.
- Fixed property of non-object in /plugins/authors/authors.php on line 538
- Added Danish, French translation
- Added order by: random
- Added Ukrainian translation
- Fixed exclude bug
- Added Ball format (needs SEO-tag-cloud widget)
- Optimized for blogs with many authors
- Added Serbian translation
- Added Italian translation
- Added sort by ID option
- Changed donation button to comply with WP guidelines
- Changed hide_credit to show_credit to comply with WP guidelines
- Added feature: hide_empty – hide authors with 0 posts
- Added Polish translation
- Added option to Include certain authors
- Improved German translation
- Fixed ul bug
- Added Belarusian translation
- Added Turkish translation
- Added Hebrew translation
- Added feature: Exclude authors by ID or “user_login”
- Fixed warning: load_plugin_textdomain
- Fixed bug: Number of authors to show in list, dropdown format
- Added feature: show full name
- Added: order by first_name, last_name
- Fixed bug: order by posts didn’t work when doesn’t show post count
- Added feature: show avatar
- Fixed bug: exclude_admin now should work also for admins that have ID > 1, with user_name <> ‘admin’
- Fixed bug: format radio buttons didn’t show when seo-tag-cloud widget wasn’t installed
- Added format option to show authors in dropdown menu
- Fixed bug: args don’t work when used without widget
- Added option to show only top N authors (only in cloud format)
- Added credit link
- Added Cloud format
- Added option to choose format: list | cloud
- Added option to order by: name | post count
- Added Russian translation