Simple Author Recommended Posts Plugin
Author Recommended Posts lets you easily search and choose specific posts, pages and custom post types you want to associate to a post or page. You can add, reorder, remove selected posts for display via the simple drag and drop interface.
- Simple clean styles for basic layout/structure
- Show/hide output title & featured images
- Display your recommended posts vertically or side-by-side
- Filter which content is searchable and which post types to automatically output on
Requirements: WordPress 3.3+, PHP5 and higher
This plugin is free to use and is not actively supported by the author, but will be monitored for serious bugs that may need correcting.
The plugin is simple to install:
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Visit the options in, Settings > Author Recommended Posts
- Go to a post, page or your custom post type and choose your recommended posts
- Can I output using a template tag?
Of course! Just include
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[AuthorRecommendedPosts post_id="XXX"]' ); ?>where XXX is the ID of the post, or you can leave it out if you include it in the loop. i.e.
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[AuthorRecommendedPosts]' ); ?>
- I want to make it fit the style of my site better
We left the styles pretty generic so it is simple enough to update to fit your theme style. Of course some CSS writing will be required.
- Is there a widget?
At this time no, we want to add this in though. So keep your eyes peeled.
- Why did you make this?
We did not really find any plugins out there that does just this. And we wanted something quick, simple, and easy to use.
Great job on this plugin.
Please keep it up and running for many many years
Contributors & Developers
“Author Recommended Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changed plugin URL constant to properly respect https scheme
- Added 2 new actions author_recommended_posts_before_related and author_recommended_posts_after_related that can be hooked into for outputting custom content before or after each related entry
- Fixed posts search order to Desc
- Updateing namespacing in admin.js
- Initial release